I know some of you are thinking....wow two post in one month!!!!
Multiple times this year I have missed opportunities to win the mother of the year award.
Example one, while trying to find a pack n play for our camper. I put Brooke in one on the top shelf at Target. She feel backward and I could not get her out! Luckily Andrew had a plan and I think maybe only the security camera's saw that one. I was almost in a panic while Brooke was screaming very loudly. Whew!! After Andrew was able to get her out he said, we should have taken a picture to post on our blog. LOL Lesson learned: Don't put your baby in high places that you can't really reach!
Next lost chance was this past spring. When the weather man stated that the tornado warning was over. We all stood in our living room commenting that "wow, I've never seen wind like this before", a tornado blew down three trees and damaged our car. All while we were standing in the livingroom together. Lesson learned: Strong winds= TORNADO.
Most recently I was lying in bed and about 10:30 I heard a man and women yelling/fighting. I live in the country and you cannot see another house from mine. Byron was working nights so I went to investigate. I walked outside and it sounded like it was coming from next driveway over. The shouting continued. By now, Andrew (10 years old) joined me outside. Then we heard a lady scream followed by a gunshot, then silence. Andrew and I ran into house and I called 911! After calling I had Andrew stay inside and I went on the back porch to "listen". My fear now was the police would show up and he would be running through the woods to my HOUSE! I wanted to see/hear him before he reached us so I could call 911 again...probably not wise. A few moments later, I hear more yelling followed by three gun shots! I called 911 again and shortly after the police arrived. Andrew was really scared, but I assured him no one was hurt as evident by not hearing an ambulance LOL. Andrew ask that night "mom, it's been along time since I slept in your room, can I tonight?"
Lesson learned: If you hear people fighting at night, don't let you son go outside to investigate with you!!!!!
Will post more on Brooke soon! I need to post soon on Byron missing the Father of the year award while taking Brooke on her first kayak (sp) outing!






2 comments:
Of course you should get a Mother of the year award! Look at your two fabulous kiddos and your obviously doing something right! And we all do things that makes us go "oops'. My Mom would say it helps to build character!
Love the photos, Brooke is just darling and Andrew looks like a fantastic big brother
Thanks for your sweet words on my blog...this wait is tough, but seeing all of you with your babies home gives me lots of hope.
Oh and Happy Birthday Brooke!
Jennifer
Loving two posts in one month and this was too funny! Hey, who needs an award anyways, right...just another pesky thing to hang or dust....lol.....seriously though, you are obviously doing LOTS of things just right too, cuz your two kiddos look so happy and loving!
And you know what? I wouldn't know how to handle a peaceful night shattered by gunfire either AND we often are drawn to the windows during extreme weather, despite knowing better....I don't know why...human nature I suppose! :)
The beach pics. are beautiful!
AND I so hope you guys can come up for an event next year or sooner! That would be wonderful!
Hugs!
P.S. OHHHH....see here, my word verification says "redstr"...red star!!...you are getting an award afterall my friend!!
Post a Comment