Saturday, January 24, 2009

January News!

Finally a new post!!

Girlfriends 3rd anniversary!
Brooke and Izzy!

Byron turns 41!


We almost killed the class turtle!





Uncle John. Brooke looked so cute! (breathing treatment for RSV virus)

Andrew and Brooke!


Family Tradition: They make it and I take the pictures!


Family Fun! RockBand! Maybe Byron has other career options?
I have had so many of you ask about my blog....or lack of post. It has been really busy in our house. So here is one very long post. Photos to come very soon!
Brooke News:
Brooke has now adjusted to being in our family. She is no longer crying for hours every night. She is very happy most of the time. Andrew is doing so well with adjusting to not being an only child. He really enjoys playing with Brooke. He is great a making her laugh especially for pictures. She has become more clingy and not wanting others to hold her.

We took her for an appointment at the international adoption clinic. They we amazed at how young and health she was!!! She has learned how to crawl. This week she has mastered the art of sitting up by herself. She is trying to stand up, but with no luck. I guess we need to start baby proofing our home! It seems she is getting bigger each day. She is still sleeping great. We have started her on solids. She loves to eat. She now has favorite toys. I will post pictures soon. She now has a favorite toy...a brown dog that plays music!

We did receive Brooke's Certificate of Citizenship! So she is officially a U.S. Citizen! I am now waiting on her Social Security Card!

Andrew News!
Andrew brought home the class turtle "Buba" during the Christmas Break. Well.... somehow she became a chew toy for our hyper dog Izzy!! Just, the day before I had made fun of my sister-in-law for taking a hamster to the vet. So I dreaded telling her about this... We took Buba to the vet. She had to spend the night and them have medicated soakings two times a day! We then had to share this news with the entire class. Thankfully Buba made a full recovery! Andrew will not be bring home a class pet again!

Andrew had a great Christmas. We now have Rock Band for Wii and have had alot of fun playing it. We have discovered Byron is an excellent singer. I could not make it through a song with out being kicked off the stage! I will stick to the Drums.

Andrew is playing basketball and is doing well. Baseball season will be starting soon. This is his favorite sport. I plan on using Brooke as an excuse not to sit out in the cold for practices!

Byron's News: We have had many visitors to welcome Brooke home. Our friends gave Byron a surprise "mans" baby shower before we left. Thanks Mike, it was a great idea! I have always hated showers, and insisted that I not have one!

He also turned 41 on January 1st! Andrew enjoyed decorating. We have used these same decorations since Andrew was a baby! I really need to get them laminated, so we can use them the next 15 years or so!

Michelle's News:
Today I had lunch with the "girlfriends" They brought lots of cute gifts for Brooke. They have been on the journey with me from the beginning. This group was started by a great person after our church experienced some changes. It was a way to keep for all of us to keep in touch. Today was our 3rd Anniversary!!! Thanks Glenda (our founder). She was sick and unable to attend. We missed you!!!!

Our small group at church also helped us celebrate having Brooke home!

We have had lots of friends give gifts to Brooke and Andrew. I want to send out a Big THANK YOU TO ALL!


If I have not had enough changes in my life, I am now changing jobs! I will start in about one month!

I have been invited to join a Facebook group.... It took me awhile to figure out this blogging thing. So for 2009, I will attempt learning about Facebook. I really don't understand what the purpose is. So if I don't respond to your request....be patient! You may need to just e-mail me!

My goal is to update this blog every two or three weeks! I will post pictures soon.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, oh, oh....that was such fun to read! I'm so tickled to see this update and it just sounds like things are going so well!

Both of your kiddos are so adorable and I can tell they are growing closer each day!

So many changes and I wish you much luck with your new job. "When it rains, it pours" right? But in this case, it has been all amazing and glorious changes! I'm glad to hear that Brooke is over her virus and adjusting so well!

Well, I KNOW I will be back to peek at these pictures again & again and yes, I'm already looking forward to your next installment in a few weeks!! Yay! :)

Hugs & thanks so much for all the support you have shared with us!!
Lisa C.

Lisa said...

LOve all the picts, and the news. It sounds and looks like Brook is adjusting well. She is so tiny. Keep us updated.
lol
Lisa R

Christina said...

Michelle,

Brooke is so cute! What a handsome family you are!

Best,
Christina

Sarah k said...

WOW... so much going on and so much of it was GREAT! I am so glad taht Brooke is doing well and that the doctor visit was awesome! That is just wonderful to hear. I am sorry that the turtle became a chew toy..lol but am glad he is ok! It sounds like you are all doing well there besides the RSV, but yes she does look cute sporting her breathing treatment! She could make a potato sack look great!! lol...

AND I am so glad to hear about the wonderful blessings through the church family!!! That is just so great!!!

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com
Taiwanindependentadoptionprizes.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

Oh Brooke is so cute! Looks like you're all so busy! You must join Facebook-it's sooo much fun, but beware . . . it's addicting! :)
Updating blogs can take time . . . i know . . . making a point to do it at least once a month is a good idea vs. doing it randomly here and there. :)
nicole

Sarah and Dan Sullivan said...

Oh my lord! Brooke is crawling?? That's great! She is an active little one isn't she?? I can tell you that Kate has no interest in going anyhere. = ) I'm sorry to hear about the turtle. I'm glad he made it. Happy Birthday Byron! I'm so glad someone is joining me at the 41 y.o. mark. Also, I am very happy to hear that Andrew is enjoying his babysister so much. It's sweet isn't it? Thanks for the update Michelle! Sarah = )

Days since our Referral