



Day one continued:
Today we were able to meet another JOH family. They picked up there daughter Alanya yesterday!
We went to dinner with them. We ate at our hotel restaurant. We ordered drinks and they took our menus. Then we had to tell them we wanted to order food. I tried to order a ham and cheese and made the mistake of asking , if that came on toasted bread! I think he thought I wanted toast. When the food came out, I received a hamburger with Ham and cheese on it! Andrew had speggitti (Yuk) and cheesecake (great)! I thought our friends Chuck and Amy (traveled here in Oct) said the hamburgers were good and steak not so good. Therefore, everyone ordered hamburgers, which were Yuk, Yuk. I just took the hamburger off mine, had ham, and cheese which was ok. Chuck later emailed us to tell us that no it was the steak that was good and hamburgers were not good. OH WELL!
Day Two:
We had gone to bed at about 11:00 and all of us were up by 3:00 a.m. We went to Breakfast at the hotel. Byron tried several new things. We left to go to TWCA (agency) at 10:30. We stopped at a rest stop on the way. Our guide assissited us with selecting lunch. Andrew and I had chicken nuggets (yuk) and Byron
He had some kind of very adventurous pork plate. He even ate with chop sticks! When we were back in the car guide Mei Ru said “You are very American”! She said most families will try different foods. Later in the drive, I ask her what she thought was strange in America. She said “ I really have a problem the food…and started laughing. I said see you know how I feel!!
We stopped by agency, and then went to foster family. The foster mother was waiting in the door with Brooke. She looks just like her last photo. She was smiling and happy. I held her first and then Byron and then Andrew. She is very active. We were also informed that she has been sick with a cold and is now on medication. The foster mother provided a lot of information of Brookes schedule ect. She then fed Brooke before we left. Well….Brooke has a reflux problem like Andrew did!! And milk was coming out everywhere!! The foster mom states she feeds Brooke and then places her in the stroller in an upright position. Then we left after about 30 mins. We went back to the agency to sign some paperwork. All the things that we sent were returned to us. In the car on the way to the baby store (Brandy you will like this) Brooke spit up again….Andrew started gagging and started talking about the night everyone was sick in your car!! We quickly handed him a zip lock bag and begged him not to throw-up in our guide’s car!!
It has been an amazing experience!
We went to the baby store and bought bottles, diapers, formula, and some baby books. Brooke loves the small board books. They have English and Chinese and came with a small CD. Brooke slept most of the two hour ride back.
When we made it to our hotel we were all very tired!! We played with Brooke, fed her, gave her yucky medicine. She was a little fussy, but not to bad. Andrew and I took a short nap while Byron watched Brooke. Byron ordered pizza from Dominoes. Byron said it was better than his lunch. Andrew and I (YUK)! We had beanie weenies! Byron went to bed at about 10:00pm and I stayed up until Brooke went to bed at 12:30 a,m I put one of the CD’s in the computer to play for her/ Our computer played it with graphics of various lights. She liked watching this. She is still asleep at almost 7:00 am!! Almost no crying last night. Most families report babies cry all night the first night. Well Byron is off to pick up our Breakfast…at McDonalds! I hope it is good or Andrew and I will be very hungry.
We are off to AIT to get Brookes Visa. Then we are going to one of the tallest buildings in the world: Taipei 101. Our guide says there are lots of American restaurants!!!
When we made it to our hotel we were all very tired!! We played with Brooke, fed her, gave her yucky medicine. She was a little fussy, but not to bad. Andrew and I took a short nap while Byron watched Brooke. Byron ordered pizza from Dominoes. Byron said it was better than his lunch. Andrew and I (YUK)! We had beanie weenies! Byron went to bed at about 10:00pm and I stayed up until Brooke went to bed at 12:30 a,m I put one of the CD’s in the computer to play for her/ Our computer played it with graphics of various lights. She liked watching this. She is still asleep at almost 7:00 am!! Almost no crying last night. Most families report babies cry all night the first night. Well Byron is off to pick up our Breakfast…at McDonalds! I hope it is good or Andrew and I will be very hungry.
We are off to AIT to get Brookes Visa. Then we are going to one of the tallest buildings in the world: Taipei 101. Our guide says there are lots of American restaurants!!!






9 comments:
Wow! This is so exciting. I am so happy for you guys. Looking forward to seeing you and meeting Brooke. Enjoy your trip!
~dana anderson
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you for the photos. Brooke is just adoreable and what a great day for your family!
Blessings
Becky
Hi Team Couey!! I am so enjoying following your culinary adventures in Taiwan!! Brooke is ADORABLE and I knew she would be active from watching her videos! I'm so glad the transition is going smoothly. I have a friend who adopted a child from Korea at 5 1/2 months old and then 2 at 10 months old and she said the 5 1/2 month old had a much easier time. Have fun at AIT! Sarah = )
Wow,Brooke is just adorable and it is so great to see her in your arms at last! I bet Andrew is thrilled to finally meet his little sister. I'm sorry to hear the food is not going over too well, although it sounds like Byron is making out OK...Enjoy the rest of your adventure and thanks for keeping us all posted!
Jennifer
You have your beautiful girl & you all look radiant! I'm so very thrilled for you all!
It sounds like food has been a struggle, but maybe the 101 will offer some relief! :)
Sure thinking of you all and am trying to soak up all these great details you are sharing!
Enjoy each moment!
Lisa C.
You guys are too funny! It sounds like American food is not quite American over there. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. Brooke is beautiful! You'll have to give us more details on the agency, etc., later when you have tons of time on your hands (Hah!)
I hope your trip home goes really smoothly. Congratulations!
Lora O.
I loved the pictures! Brooke is so adorable:) Good luck on the food! By the 5th day in China, I found some Moon Pies in the gift shop of our hotel and they brought me back from the bring of starvation!lol.
Maybe you will find something good soon...check the gift shop!!
She is so beautiful! Congratulations!
Emily
Congratulations. I never saw your blog before, but happened to get a chance to go on the JOH yahoo group and saw the gotcha pictures you posted. What a beautiful family. From the looks of the bench you sat on at the foster home, Brooke may have had the same foster momma my son had last year. Congratulations again and safe travels home!
Post a Comment