Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Home for 3 Months!

It is so hard to believe just 3 months ago today we met Brooke for the 1st time! I can still remember seeing her in person the 1st time!!! It feels as if she has been with us forever. I think how lucky we were to be able to bring her home so young. So many adopted babies wait and wait for families, paperwork, and court hearings. I feel blessed to have a photo of her for every month of her life (including a hospital photo with her Birth mom)! This will be so important to her when she is older. I feel so lucky to have found our Taiwan Program. I would still be waiting 2-3 more years if we were with China!!!

Referrals have been very slow with JOH, so I am praying for referrals this month!!! I want each and every JOH family to have the joy I feel today!

We are taking Brooke on her first camping trip next week for 5 (hopefully not long) days. Several of our camping friends are also going. She is in a stage of not letting anyone hold her, so I hope she will feel more comfortable around some of our camping friends. It will make camping easier. Andrew did not enjoy camping until he was about 5 years old!!!

3 comments:

QingLu Mama said...

Wow, three months already! What an amazing blessing, and how awesome you have a birth mom photo.
Have a fun camping trip, I'm sure Brooke will enjoy it!
Jennifer

White's Journey to Taiwan said...

Oh, Michelle! I'm so happy for you and your sweet family! I can't believe it has been 3 months either!!!!! It seems like just yesterday I met you at Newk's for lunch.

I sure hope your camping trip is a huge success. I believe Brooke is going to be a big outdoors-woman--just like mom!

:0)

rachel said...

congratulations! i am so happy you have been united and that all went so smoothly for you!
many blessings,
rachel

Days since our Referral